Thursday, November 20, 2014

Summer is on it's way for sure!

It's time to enjoy pesto made from home grown basil, local cheeses and a lovely wine sitting on the back veranda after work - while we wait..... and wait..... and wait for the sun to set - I love these long evenings.....

It's been a while since I last posted really so I thought I'd do a quick catch up here.

Firstly, I'm pretty excited about my garden at the moment. I've been working at getting it revamped after a long winter (or more to the point, a long season when I didn't get time to work on it). While I'm really happy with how it's looking, I am also pretty excited about what's to come. Bec, at Think Big, Live Simple, is going to be helping me with a few trouble spots in my garden. Check out what she's up to, she's inspirational, passionate and pretty clever! I'll share with you all how that goes as we start to roll out some of Becs ideas into my garden.
Think Big Lives Simply
 Secondly, as summer is approaching, I have set my sights on a big goal - I want to do a big community bike ride when I go to Adelaide for the Tour Down Under in January. I did it last year (when it was 170km) but I struggled. This years it's only 150km, but I don't want to feel like I did last year. So I'm training. At the moment I'm trying to ride 150 km each week (that's 3-4 rides each week). But as we get closer I need to increase those distances and hopefully get up to riding 300 kms in the weeks leading up to it. This means I'll be out on the road a bit in the next 10 weeks.

Thirdly, I've been reading. I've got three books open at the moment. Doris Lessings "Golden Notebook", Kawabata's "The sound of the Mountain" (for Japanese Lit Challenge), and Annais Ninns "Mirages". I've recently finished "the Moonlight Palace" by Liz Rozenberg. The three books I've got on the go are pretty intense, but there's some great value reading in there. I suspect I'll be reading these all summer?

School Reunion news: I had a great time!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Hi Tamara,

I sigh -- we're having snow. Way too early; very unusual and very cold. Lovely, yes. But I'm not ready!

You're busy and it all sounds good! What a great goal for the ride!

Have you read "People of the Book"? I think you might like it (by Geraldine Brooks).

Getting ready for my art sale to begin today. Then I can get going on Thanksgiving, Christmas prep and cleaning up! Happy day!

Bellezza said...

It's so fun to think of you preparing for summer, and pesto, as I hunker down with cashmere and hot soup!

Karen said...

That pesto looks divine! I'm so glad to hear that the school reunion was a hit too! Also, I've given you a little award over at my blog...http://awonderinglife.com/2014/11/29/its-award-time/

Unknown said...

Oh yum, Pesto! Our basil is just starting to really kick in so it won't be long for me either. Hopefully you received my email last week (?) - look forward to seeing any of the changes you decide to make!!