Monday, December 27, 2010

Time to reflect


Christmas is both a time of celebration and a time of reflection for me - as I have to good fortune to have been born in Australia, to be able to choose my faith, and many other things, I like to take the time to be thankful for what I have and to consider what I do not need.

For me this Christmas has been lovely as I was able to visit my parents interstate earlier, and to have my sister and her family at my place for christmas day. There's so much to be thankful for when you have family.

But hand in hand with the joys of christmas, comes time to consider stuff. I wont go into my thinking too much right now, but I wanted to share with you these links. One of my New Years Resolutions will be to increase the capacity for Australians to be able to support my favourite charity - the girls school and hostel in India where I have lived and worked and fallen in love with girls who once had no hope. So
  1. Watch this clip from TED Global and then.....
  2. Visit this website - and find out how you too can sponsor the girls who live and learn in Thirichuli, Tamil Nadu.
Thank you so much...
Tamara

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi T - It is so great to see this website up and running!

Bellezza said...

There's so much to be thankful for when you have family: Amen! I admire the way that you help others, which I try to do in smaller ways via our church and my classroom. We always remember our blessings, you and I, and hope to spread them around.