Monday, June 20, 2016

Is that Paris?


July is coming.. too fast. Many of my blogging friends know that July is a big month for me here at Thyme-for-Tea. I have co-hosted Paris in July for the past 6 years. Paris in July has been a fixture, and has almost become the infrastructure of this blog. So when I ponder the possibility that I may not be in the best position to host it this year, I'm torn. Of course I want to...

I wrote this summary post last year, which still today, rings true for me and Paris in July. When I re-read this, I am energised again. However, I am a strong advocate for women to be conscious of not becoming over committed due to 'obligations ', and perceived 'responsibility', so I  must listen to myself on that one too.

So, what about Paris in July 2016?

I will host it. It will be about bringing together a community of Paris loving bloggers. I will make this a place for you to come to post your links to your Paris in July posts.  I'll post a few  myself.. but it'll be a simple affair.

I plan to post the sign up Mr Linky page on June 22nd so we can all see who's joining in. Then each week, hopefully on a Friday, I'll post new Mr Linkys for you to link your new posts.

I'd invite any of the participants to offer to write a summary review of one of the weeks in July. The idea of this is to capture the highlights of all Paris in July posts for that period.  If you'd like to do one of these, drop me an email. (My address is in my 'about me' tab).

So, with much anticipation, I now declare Paris in July 2016, the annual blogging event for lovers of all things Paris, will be happening.

All welcome.



8 comments:

Bellezza said...

I'm so looking forward to this again, Tamara! There are things that just make summer, like Paris in July, Spanish Lit Month, and even my own Japanese Literature Challenge. Thanks goodness I have a few months off from school to read!!! I'll begin finalizing my book selection now in anticipation of the link going up on the 22.

Ally said...

I am glad you are not giving up on this, I love spending July in Paris and rediscovering this wonderful city again and again! Even if i will be away for a week, I have chosen my 3 books, one movie and one album....

Brona said...

Thank you for hosting this once again. It's a nice way to make our Aussie winters disappear.

I understand completely about taking on too much, so a low key event sounds perfect to me. I'll be happy with one French book for the month & the simple pleasure of being a part of such a lovely & French loving community :-)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Thank you so much for hosting Paris in July. I've been checking your blog every day to see if you have posted anything about it yet. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/06/i-am-now-expert-on-books-set-in-new.html

Nadia said...

Yay! I'm so happy you are not going to stop hosting Paris in July :) I always look forward to it and actually put aside books throughout the year that I just know will be great for this event. I can definitely understand not wanting to do it, considering how busy life gets, so making it a simple affair sounds perfect to me. Thank you!!

Jeanie said...

Hi Tamara,

I really understand about the sense of overcommitting and I am glad you are hosting this fun event again.

I wish I could pick up the reins and help you more but July is the month I spend in the Land of No Internet (well, there is always McDonald's or Burger King!) and while I can pre-post it is difficult to do the visiting I like so I often catch up a bit later in the summer. I will certainly post when I can and will check the linky page!

Lisbeth said...

I am happy to join my favourite challenge, Paris in July. So happy that you are hosting it again. Keep it low key, the main thing is that we all can post our contributions to the challenge and read them as they come in. I really enjoy to read what others have done with the Paris theme.

I wish I could have helped you, but July this year, I will be on the move most of the time, having to manage the administration around buying two new flats in Sweden.

I therefore will not promise to do a lot for this year, but I am thinking of at least finish 'Nana' by Emile Zola. I would also like to read 'Madame Bovary' by Flaubert and possibly another French writer. Listening to a French song and possibly watching a French movie. Let's see what I have time to do.

Tamara said...

Thank you for your kind offers of support - and I accept the thoughts. We'll keep it pretty low key, and this will highlight the wonderful contributions that come in each week. I know that while I'm huddled up by the heater, not far from my assignments and computer, the northern part of the world is enjoying the summer. I personally will enjoy hearing about that.