Tuesday, July 1, 2014

‘Paris is always a good idea’



Bienvenue mes amis!!  
The title of my  post comes from one of my all time favourite movies “Sabrina”, the American chauffeurs’ daughter who is sent to Paris to make her start in life and learn her trade. In the older version, Audrey Hepburn plays Sabrina, and she’s sent to Paris to learn to cook. In the new version, Julia Ormond plays Sabrina, and she goes to Paris to work in the fashion industry. On her return, she believes she will win the heart of the handsome younger son of a wealthy family, but she ends up spending more time with the older business type brother (played by Harison Ford). She eventually convinces him that ‘Paris is always a good idea’. 

 After 5 years of hosting Paris in July, I thought I would expose a little piece of the real me....

 


It seems, since I was quite small, I have always agreed with Sabrina. France is a good idea. (If you couldn't hear my response - I told  my dad that I would like to back to France!). So here we go.....

Here at Thyme-for-tea, I am going to be posting two original posts each week – Tuesday’s Travel posts and Thursdays Taste of Paris. Also, each Monday, I’ll post the Monday menu – an outline of what’s happening across the Paris in July Hosting Blogs.  
I have lined up an interview with a French chef, I’ll be reviewing travel idea’s like visiting Parisian Markets, wandering through a day in the life of a lover of Paris, walking tours of my special places in France. I’ve also set myself the challenge of reading a couple of food related travel books – Mastering the art of French eating, by Ann Mah, and Lunch in Paris, by Elizabeth Band.

I love this blogging event, and one of the things I enjoy most is getting around to visiting everyone else’s posts. I will try to pop in each week and see what’s happening. Between Karen and myself, we try to do a wrap up post each Sunday that outlines the activity that has been occurring across the variety of bloggers who have signed up.  For this reason, we encourage you to comment on the Monday Menu Mr Linky.

8 comments:

Adria said...

I love that video... Even at such a young age, you understood the charm of France!

Vicki Lesage said...

I love seeing old videos. It's funny to think the videos and photos I'm taking of my children now will seem old to them in 30 years. So cute that you loved France even back then!

Karen said...

That is so gorgeous!! You remind me a little bit of Pia - not afraid to say where you really want to be! You were a lover of France from the beginning weren't you! xx And Sabrina - you have made me want to watch it yet again (the Audrey version of course!)

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Oh another fan of Sabrina! I recognized the opening line of your post immediately =)
HapPy to be joining the party and adding my own with travels to Canada for the Canada Day celebrations - a TEA at my blog - Bienvenue!

nichole said...

I love that movie! I just made a giant list of French movies for a friend who is moving to Paris this fall. Now I want to watch them all again.

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

That campervan is awesome!! How fun to travel Europe in, wow.

I have a feeling I am going to be watching Sabrina again very soon. :)

Brona said...

I can feel an Audrey binge coming on too! All her Paris movies are wonderful *big sigh*

Jeanie said...

I love this! SO MUCH!

I'm behind in my PIJ posts -- spotty internet at the lake is slowing me down. Hope to have my first next week -- and catch up on others, too!